Saturday, June 9, 2007

Nightfall


Amber colored clouds cling close to the cliffs,
waters wash ashore ushering the rushing tides,
and the sun slowly slips silently to the sea
Soon the day slumbers, soon it will be nightfall.

You took me my love on a bright brilliant day,
you caught my eye with your sparkling eyes.
My chest heaved with life again and my head
began to float hovering and hanging in space

I followed you with my thoughts and feared
the day I would say goodbye and thank you.
Hoping that somehow after all we will remain
friends, not more, just see you, hear your voice.

Somehow I prayed I won’t slip and lose you
in one of these long conversations at nightfall.
When the darkness veils this dazed passion
and calms this heaving heart eager for you.

Stillness, silence, sleep soothe this silly soul,
keep my love calm and eager still waiting for me.
It is the new moon and window sills begin to glow,

she awaits, I hope it will be dark soon at nightfall.

No comments: